The Small Wind Conference for installers, manufacturers, dealers and distributors returns to Holiday Inn Stevens Point Conference Center in WI, June 14 – 15, 2011
The annual small wind conference brings together professionals with those new to the industry for honest dialogue, networking.
Now in its seventh year, this event has proven to be the premier event for small wind-electric system installers, designers, manufacturers, educators and advocates, and for those involved in sales, specification, management, funding, and permitting of small wind systems. Nearly 400, from across the United States and nine countries, attended the 2010 conference.
This year's keynote speaker is peak oil expert Randy Udall who writes and speaks widely on why "energy is an IQ test Americans tend to fail."
The 2011 program looks at new wind turbines and equipment, presenting test results, updates and installer survey results that grade machines and their manufacturers.
The question: “Why push something that we know the customer will not be happy with?” frames a presentation on the ramifications of short tower installations.
Other sessions will focus on Small Wind business issues, certification, siting, zoning, and permitting. Case Studies will examine what works, what doesn’t, and why.
The conference runs 8 am - 6 pm, June 14 – 15, with after-hour complimentary social events on both days.
Other highlights include:
- An opening social kick off among the exhibits and poster presentations on Monday, June 13
- Monday also features two pre-conference sessions: Small Wind Zoning Summit 2011 and Fundamentals of Wind Energy and Small Wind Systems
- A barbeque supper Tuesday evening at the “Bergey Que”, hosted at the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, in nearby Custer, WI, includes libations and music from “The Honky Tonk Twisters."
- The Annual Awards ceremony
- A closing reception on Wednesday at the Holiday Inn’s Amber Grill with complimentary light food and drink.
For more information, or to register, visit: www.windustry.org, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 612-870-3477
The two-day conference will run from 8:00 am Tuesday, June 14 through 6:00 pm Wednesday, June 15. Conference fee includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks, along with complimentary evening social events.