The Wind Energy Center is an interactive, museum-quality display within the Eco Experience at the Minnesota State Fair, in partnership with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Developed and presented by Windustry and parnters, it teaches hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans each year about our great wind resource and how wind energy can provide both environmental and economic benefits to Minnesotans. This will be the sixth year of the Wind Energy Center, and promises to be the best yet, inspiring visitors to actively support and participate in small, midsize, and large wind energy development in Minnesota.
Meet with wind energy experts at the Minnesota State Fair, ask questions, and get a copy of the Windustry Small Wind Guide.
Over 350,000 fairgoers will visit the Wind Energy Center to:
- Find out about Turbine Bulk Buy opportunities for Minnesotans.
- Learn about Net Metering to produce and sell electricity at your home or farm.
- See a working wind project model built by University of MN reseachers.
- Have wind energy questions answered by an industry expert.
- See the online Clean Energy Project Builder for wind & solar businesses.
- Picture yourself in a Green Job framed in our life-size cutouts.
Volunteers play a vital role in making our exhibit a success. Serving as a collective voice for Windustry, volunteers help fairgoers interact with our exhibit and answer questions regarding wind energy. Thanks to all of our 85 volunteers who help make the Wind Energy Center an Eco Experience!